Current location for King Malu

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Water, water everywhere...

Yesterday was tipping it down with rain. Tim and I had intended going to the boat in the evening but the rain was so heavy we decided to take a rain check (pun intended).

I got up this morning (I am the owl and Tim the lark) to find an email from Tim:
Went down this morning. Beautiful morning. no wind, the sun came up, flat water.


Found a few things.


1. The cockpit was full of water. We forgot to open the drain sea cock. (Don't panic yet about a little water around the sea cock. I found out the problem by trial and error.)
2. So I waded across and got in. Quite a bit of water in KM. Not sure where it came in. I mopped it up. moved various docs from the chart table to dry out. Ford manual, Lavac doc, paint / varnish catalogue. These are now scattered to dry around km. Need to put back in a dry place whoever goes down next first.
3 Fitted the pump on toilet. pump does not leak. Toilet seems to work, need to make a real test. (LOL) Lots of hissing around the seat (could be air and water) however it holds the vacuum for over 20 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment