Current location for King Malu

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Treadmaster and other bits for the boat

The Mailspeed Marine order arrived today. Tim had arranged for his office to call as soon as it arrived to save having to take 40kg up to the office and then 40kg down to my car. Didn't happen like that. They didn't call. But UPS must tie in their acceptance system automatically as apparently Tim had an email from UPS saying it was delivered earlier than he had one from his office saying it was delivered!

So I checked it all out, it was correct except the boom straps are not the size I expected - much smaller than the ones for the Wayfarer so way too small for the mizzen boom on King Malu.

I also unpacked the Treadmaster to lay it flat ready for fixing at the weekend. I was glad I did, and wished I had earlier. It has taken up a slightly rounded aspect. So I unpacked it all and lay it face down with the curls downwards and flattening.

Oh, and we heard that Sterling will be over-nighting a replacement automatic mains switch to Tim in London so he can bring it back with him on Friday. Great news.

No comments:

Post a Comment