Current location for King Malu

Monday 25 January 2010

Undercoating

I am trying to get the deck finished painting this week... the aim is to get it ready for the Treadmaster to be put down next weekend.  I have already done some of the undercoating and did a second coat on some and a first coat on other areas.

Tim's dad used to be in the merchant navy and painted like a professional. Which means that the paint stayed on the brush, not the handle, nor his clothes and only went where it was supposed to. I'm not quite like that, but pretty close, so it was annoying to find paint splatters where I didn't want them.

I'm painting with epoxy undercoat and its very thin to start with, slowly getting thicker as you paint till it ends up like school glue.

Anyway today I found out why it was splattering... no it wasn't my painting, it was the wind blowing the paint off the brush as soon as I lifted it out of the pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment