Current location for King Malu

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Awlgrip anti-fouling

Anti-fouling is really rotten stuff, so Jacob was wearing hat, gloves, mask and protective glasses for painting the hull with me today. And it was a good job he was too... there were paint splatters on the hat, mask and eye glasses, and significant quantity on the gloves.
Because the paint dries so fast, Jacob and I were painting in shifts, so that the roller wouldn't dry out. I was doing the high bits and...
...Jacob was doing the low bits.


I must say King Malu did look smart by the time we had finished.

We also spent some time filling the ding on the port side a small problem at the port stern and some little gell coat holes at the bow all with gell coat.

Gell goat is horrid stuff to work with, at least that's what I find. It doesn't work like a filler, more like an over thick lumpy glue/paint that refuses to be smoothed and has to be filed smooth after it sets.

Hopefully tomorrow it will be hard enough to sand off and get smooth.

I also touched up the black line on the starboard side. The masking tape had not masked completely and there was a crinkly edge to it. So I hand painted the grey edge between the black and the grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment