Current location for King Malu

Sunday 22 March 2015

Deck repair and swimming platform

We brought the new stainless steel swimming platform for a trial fit this morning.  Since we no longer have an outboard motor on the transom this is something we can now have! As well as swimming from the boat it will also make boarding a lot easier when we are moored stern to...

It wasn't a 100% fit so a few minor changes needed, but it will be excellent when it's finished.
We also glass fibred the deck in the place where we had previously ground away for repair. This is the first time I had done any glass fibre work, though Tim had done some when he lived in South Africa.

I was very concerned that it was going to pad up the deck and make it lumpy. However it went much better than I expected, and we just need an epoxy skim layer and then treadmaster.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.
    deck contractor Lincoln NE

    ReplyDelete