Current location for King Malu

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Ready for the next build...

Tim and I stripped the motor ready to remove to swap with the blue motor. Tim then flew to London for meetings and will be back late Friday. Saturday/Sunday we will swap to the blue motor. 

I am slightly concerned about the gear wheels - I remember we used 3.2:1 as the ratio and I think the small gear was somewhere between the two small ones we have. Getting the right ratio is a significant part of providing thrust where we need in on PropEL... to the proellor!

If all goes well we should know early next week if the blue motor is performing better under load. Assuming that the blue motor does what we hope, then next few weeks will be extensive testing on the water.

We're still waiting on the new PCBs from the USA for the relay board. They were dispatched from USA yesterday, I believe, so should be here soon. I have brought back the extra components for them so when the PCBs arrive can test them.

No comments:

Post a Comment