Current location for King Malu

Sunday 13 February 2011

Mast Steps

 Tim and I went down to fit the mast steps. Yes, I know it would have been wiser to do this before fitting the radar, but, well... it's done now and another job off the list!

It does mean that even I (Richard) can get the sail cover off, as I had previously had to clamber onto the toast racks to reach the top of the sail cover. One time doing that I had slipped and fallen. I didn't do any damage, but showed we needed something to make it safer.

The mast steps we fitted are folding and so clear any ropes when folded away. The old ones further up the mast as fixed, which makes it easier to climb.
 Another little task we completed were the loops inside the sail locker to the 'quick to get' ropes. We also fitted the throwing line there for safety.

I cannot remember where we saw this idea, but as soon as we did, Tim believed it the best thing for King Malu.
Sitting drinking coffee after doing these little jobs we saw the Sea Scouts  rowing round the marina. The interesting thing about this is the wearing of life jackets. Everyone wearing one, but the leaders not done up, so would slip out of it just as soon as he fell in. Not exactly a good example!

No comments:

Post a Comment