Current location for King Malu

Saturday 4 December 2010

Gentle day sail


4 nautical miles

4 hour sail, in very light winds. 

We went first to the mooring spot north of the harbour for a coffee, then out for a very gentle sail. 

I tried out the autopilot tacking today - always better to try things in very light winds before you urgently need to do the process. So I hit the buttons and let the autopilot tack us and I managed the sheets. Meant that one of us can tack the boat alone.

Oh and I got a new phone too... having drowned two phones I decided to get a waterproof and shockproof one with some money I had been given for my birthday. One the right is a photo of the chart plotter giving a more accurate track of where we went (the Spot Locator points are only every 30 mins or so... and only when we remember to press the button).

What I got was a Samsung B2100 from Amazon.co.uk. The reason for that is that it is waterproof to 1 metre and shockproof... a real hardy phone.

I'm pleased with it in all respects except for one... it's a pain to sync with my computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment