Current location for King Malu

Saturday 26 June 2010

Engine room hatch complete

Now we have the pieces of marine ply to fill around the hatch frame it will be easy.

So back into the engine room I go. Actually, I'm not feeling great today, having started a flu like cold overnight, but I'm determined to finish the job we started yesterday.

Everything screwed in place like it was designed to go. Well, I suppose nearly 35 years ago it was designed to have the pieces of marine ply where I was putting them back. I wonder how many years it has been in the kludged state.

With the hatch in place the saloon is beginning to look like a saloon again. If only we can get the old engine block out...

I tried removing the oil marks around the engine room hatch with Miracle Cleaner and sadly it didn't make any impression on it. So this will have to wait till next year to be rubbed down and re-varnished. The priority now is function rather than beauty, although we do want her to look neat and tidy for the season.

We have even started on the multitude of minor miscellaneous jobs, in this case fixing a clip for the safety torch just inside the main cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment